British, EU and ECOWAS Nationals are no longer subject to Pandemic entry restrictions into Senegal. No letter of support for travel from the Senegalese embassy in London is required.
Double vaccinated travellers to Senegal are also exempt from providing a negative PCR COVID-19 test for entry.
CHECK IF YOU REQUIRE A LETTER OF SUPPORT
Other countries’ nationals that have put pandemic restrictions on Senegalese nationals will still need to apply for a letter of support from the Embassy of Senegal in London to show the airline company that the passenger is allowed to enter Senegal. Please check for the latest Senegal travel updates before making any travel arrangements and request a Special Boarding Authorisation if your nationality doesn’t fall in the exempt categories. See our travel update page for more information on the application process.
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS (FOR UNVACCINATED TRAVELLERS)
To enter Senegal, you must provide a negative RT-PCR test for COVID-19 dated no more than 5 days earlier. This test should be issued in the country where you started your trip and authorised by competent Public Health Authorities. The UK government says that people should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate their travel to another country. Travellers should instead arrange to take a private test.
For passengers leaving Senegal, a negative COVID-19 test is only required for people travelling to countries where it is mandatory to provide a negative test before boarding a flight. In this case, you can pay for a COVID-19 test, at a cost of 25.000 FCFA, at one of the recognised test centers.
Passenger locator form
Documents to be downloaded and filled in before your trip to Senegal.
This form shall be presented to the transport companies before boarding and to the border control authorities.
- Yes (if you are not fully vaccinated)
All unvaccinated travelers to Senegal over the age of two years must present an original COVID-19 test certificate showing a negative result. The test must occur within five days of entry into Senegal. The results must be from a PCR test (not a rapid test) and be issued by a laboratory approved for such testing or a recognized international health organization. Travelers transiting Senegal must also show such proof if they will be present in Senegal more than 24 hours or wish to exit the airport.
Yes and test results reliably available within 72 hours
The cost is FCFA 25,000 per test. Testing must be completed 48-hours prior to travel.
- L’Institut Pasteur de Dakar
36 Avenue Pasteur à Dakar
Centre-ville, and sur la VDN
à côté de la Gendarmerie de la Foire
Tel : +221 78 103 3937
Tel :+221 33 839 9233
Tel :+221 33 839 9232
- Institut de Recherche en Santé, de Surveillance Épidémiologique et de Formation
Pôle urbain de Diamniadio and Ngor
en face du stade de Ngor
Tel :+221 70 954 1871,
Tel :+221 77 7016590,
Tel :+221 33 872 2588.
Walk-in testing is available at this location
- Le Laboratoire de Bactériologie-Virologie, Hôpital Aristide le Dantec
30 avenue Pasteur, Dakar
Tel :+221 33 889 3800,
Tel :+221 77 633 3017
- Le Laboratoire de l’Hôpital Militaire de Ouakam
km 8, Route de Ouakam, Dakar,
Tel :+221 76 223 0485
Tel :+221 77 357 1731
- Le Laboratoire national de Santé publique (LNSP)
Ex. RIAOM, Quartier 10eme, En face Croix Rouge, Thies
Tel :+221 775191373
Tel :+221 763596212
- Le Laboratoire de l’Hôpital Principal de Dakar (HPD),
1, Avenue Nelson Mandela, Dakar,
Tel :+221 775295614
- Le Laboratoire de Bactériologie-Virologie de l’Hôpital de Fann (LBV Fann),
Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar,
Tel :+221 338691818
- Touba :
Soumpou Gui, Madiyana Touba
Téléphone mobile : + (221) 77 230 61 68
- Kédougou :
HLM Kédougou Villa numéro 18
Téléphone mobile : + (221) 77 748 00 96
- Kaolack :
Hôpital bou Ndaw, Kasnack
Dr Amary Fall
Téléphone mobile : + (221) 77 451 14 51 / + (221) 76 284 59 43
- Ziguinchor :
Hôpital Silence, Ziguinchor
Téléphone mobile : + (221) 76 191 24 47
- Visitors are not required to quarantine
- All travelers to Senegal may be required to complete a passenger location form for public health officials, in accordance with recommendations from the International Civil Aviation Organization. The form will be collected on arrival.
- Respect for safety measures, including physical distancing and the wearing of a mask in all public spaces, workplaces, public and private, transport and shops.
- It is strongly recommended to follow the recommendations of the local authorities (in particular regarding hygiene on the whole Senegalese territory), available on the site http://www.sante.gouv.sn/Actualites and to consult the Internet site and WHO social networks.
- You can contact your doctor or referring physician.
- People wishing to obtain more information or requiring medical support can contact the numbers set up by the Senegalese authorities:
- 78 172 10 81
- 70 717 14 92
- 76 765 97 31
- Hotline : 800 00 50 50
- Hotline SAMU : 15 15 or 19 19